Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Getting started!


I started go karting when i was just around 13 years old. Being as small as i was it made it very easy to handle with my weight. But one down side was that i was not very strong so manouvering the kart was very difficult. Of course i started go kart racing indoors where the tracks were much smaller and less variables on the track like track tempreture, outdoor heat, and track surface. Also indoor karts were all maintained by the track and race helmets and suits were provided by the track.

After a few years of occasional weekend go kart racing i decided to make one of my own and further develop my skills. No way i would start without doing my home work. So i began to read books on go kart racing techniques and how to build my own go kart.

first things first you must start out with a good go kart frame. your fame is what can make a go kart competative or just another go kart. with little funds and not much experience i picked up a cheap go kart to further my skills. later on i saved up and bought my very first racing spec go kart frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment